Tire Rubber Modified Surface Sealer "TRMSS"
High Performance Asphalt Sealer
Our trusted partner and manufacturer of TRMSS is GuardTop, which meets CalRecycle content specs.
Where and How To Use TRMSS
TRMSS is used primarily on highways, highway shoulders, city streets, county roads, and airports. The product can be applied over chip seals and raveling slurry seal to lock in loose aggregates.
TRMSS can also be used as a flush coat to increase the lifespan of the chip seal.
Recycled tire rubber improves UV protection, adhesion, durability, color retention, and flexibility.
TRMSS is an easily applied trouble-free pavement preservation solution. Prior to sealing, the pavement surface should be cleared of any excess dirt and debris and asphalt repairs should be completed.
TRMSS 3 Year Review
In September of 2020, the California Pavement Preservation Center (CP2C) newsletter featured an article about Placer County hosting a successful trial run of TRMSS “with the possibility of adding it to [their] toolbox.”
3 years later, in June 2023, Main Street Materials returned to asses TRMSS’ performance. We noted that areas with TRMSS were still noticeably darker than untreated areas.
Why Use TRMSS?
- Extends Service Life: using TRMSS can increase pavement lifespan by 3-6 years
- UV Protection: TRMSS provides outstanding protection even under the harshest of conditions
- Easy Application: single coat application dries quickly allowing for a quick release to traffic
- Durable: resistant to tire scuffing and tracking
- Recycling: each lane mile of TRMSS contains 20-27 recycled tires
- Low Cost: TRMSS costs pennies per square foot
- Unique Formulation: high viscosity and resistance to running on sloped surfaces