Mulch Placement Services
Use Mulch To Prevent Slope Erosion
Placing mulch on a slope is an economical and preventative erosion control. Placing mulch involves spreading a blanket of organic material on fill slopes, cut slopes, and other disturbed roadside areas to reduce erosion and cut-down on weed growth.
Main Street Materials provides the highest quality Stonewood® mulch, which we can place onto roadside slopes for our customers.
When To Use This Treatment
- Typically applied on slopes 2:1 (H:V) and flatter
- Typically applied 2″-4” deep (270-400 cubic yards/acre)
The Benefits of Mulch include:
- Transforming and beautifying the on-ramps and gateways to your city
- Weed abatement, improved potential for vigorous long term vegetation coverage
- Better water retention in the soil from Stonewood®, which helps reduce water evaporation and conserves soil moisture
- Reduces storm water runoff volume and velocity
- Improves protection from raindrop splash erosion
- Easy application by pneumatic blower trucks or bulldozers
Why Choose Main Street For Your Mulch?
- Superior Quality
- Shredded for great slope adhesion
- Fines are removed for longer lasting mulch
- Meets Caltrans Specs 20-2.08
- Custom sizes available
- Readily placed with Pneumatic Mulch Blowers
- Ultra Large to Small quantities available for Bulk Delivery, Pneumatic Placement or P/U